We are at 87% humidity today…yuck!
Humidity and your skin…. So the question is, how does humidity affect your skin? The humidity and sweat associated with the hotter temperatures that go along with humidity cause your skin to sweat and become more oily. Oily skin causes clogged pores and acne. Acne can cause permanent damage to your skin including scarring. Here are some tips that can help with this sticky situation:
1) Cleanse face twice daily with either a Lactic Acid or Salicylic Acid based cleanser. A 2% concentration is recommended, as this will remove excess oils from the skin. Try our LactiFoam or PerfectaCleanse to help start your regimen off right!
2) Exfoliate the skin 1-2 x’s per week to remove epidermal cells that accumulate, which will add to the oils in the skin and prevent products from penetrating the skin.
3) Where a lighter weight base for your make-up, such as a powder versus a liquid. Bronzers are a nice option for the summer months and give your skin that sun kissed glow without the damaging effects of the sun.
4) Do not pick at your skin! Picking will not only add to the bacteria levels in the skin, but also lead to scarring.
5) Drink lots of water to help replace what your skin is sweating out.
Here’s to healthy skin!