Key Ingredients to Help Fight Acne
It’s really important to know what ingredients are in acne skin care products.
It’s also important not to over wash your skin, especially if the products you are using contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Although both of these key ingredients are effective for treating acne, if used more than twice a day your skin can become irritated or even start to peel.
Below is a list of ingredients that are effective for acne prevention. Be a savvy shopper, and know what’s in your skin care products, and the functions they serve.
- Salicylic Acid: Helps shed dead skin cells more rapidly, and prevents clogged pores.
- Lactic Acid: Derived from sour milk, this acid helps with the removal with the top layer of skin cells.
- Clindamycin: Commonly used as an antibiotic to treat infections, studies have shown that in the treatment of acne, this ingredient is effective.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This acid is a natural ingredient and is already found in the body. It is used to repair skin problems such as scarring, and acne.
- Oligopeptide-10: This peptide is similar to salicylic acid, where it can be used as a toner in products to maintain healthy skin. Excellent for activity against acne bacteria.
With our private line of products being formulated with the above mentioned ingredients, allows our Aestheticians to properly treat and diagnosis all grades of acne. Just to mention a few products; we recommend our PerfectaCleanse, PerfectaClear & PerfectaStick as part of a healthy skin care regimen.