Well, here we are at the end of Summer and reflecting on the fun we all had in the sun. With the fun, comes the repercussions to our skin. Are you looking at yourself and thinking….gosh I’ve aged this summer? That’s the ill effects of the sun; now it’s time to get serious and undo some of what you’ve done this summer!
Here’s how to start:
1) Seek the advice of an experienced Aesthetician. Having someone who is knowledgeable of the skin and skin care products is the key to your skin’s success. There all many options to fit all budgets, so don’t think this is out of your reach.
2) During your initial consultation, you should address your concerns and your existing regimen.
Next, have a photo with the Visia Complexion Analysis Camera to see all that needs to be corrected. Yes, this is quite an eye opener and I can guarantee that you’ll behave more next summer. This informs the Aesthetician just how much needs to be corrected and the appropriate route to start you on your journey to healthier skin.
3) Now, that an established point of reference has been determined. It’s time to get started! This is where we have to remind the patient that we are Aestheticians, not magicians and we can’t make magic happen. We like to give our patients realistic expectations, not false hope. It requires a team effort and yes, you are required to do your part. Just an F.Y.I.- 60% of your results will come from what you’re doing at home and in your lifestyle. It’s worth the reward!
4) The treatments; we will determine how to proceed depending on the concerns of the patients and the needs of their skin. Our philosophy at Skinetics, is accumulating the skin, which a MicroPeel® is a good starting point. Come on people, Rome was not built in a day. With this process, comes the end reward and that’s a healthier, younger looking you!
5) After establishing how your skin did with your chemical peel, we will design a home care regimen specific to the needs of your skin. Everyone has different needs and our approach is specific to the needs of our patients. At the end of summer, we typically see brown spots (sun damage), dry, dehydrated skin, (traveling, too much sun exposure), so this is where we select products to correct these imbalances in the skin. Here are a few of our corrective products that contain powerful, result proven ingredients: Green Tea, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, AHA & BHA, and Vitamin A, C, E.
6) Finally, we will send you home and entrust that you’ll succeed. We give you guidelines of what to expect and what transformation you’re about to witness. Most associate chemical peels as being painful, scary and that your face should be falling off. Well, I’ve got news for you, this is not always the case. The word “chemical” means that a material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules. The word “peel” is a term used when we are removing and or taking away something (i.e. your skin). At Skinetics, our approach is very much of a hands-on experience. So, rest assure that everything we recommend and perform on you, has been performed on ourselves. The end result is always exciting, especially when our patients come in and tell us how much their getting complemented on their skin. That’s what makes our job as Aestheticians so rewarding. Helping someone feel better about themselves and making our patients look younger one peel at a time.
Micropeel video provided by About.com